Friday 1 April 2016

April A to Z challenge - First Day - Letter A - A is for Abyssal......

his blue eyes sparkle
with admiration for her
and love abyssal 
© Literati Meraki - iwrite

PS: This haiku is dedicated the characters of my favorite novel series - The In Death series by Nora Roberts. Nora Roberts published her first novel using the pseudonym J. D. Robb in 1995, introducing readers to the tough as nails but emotionally damaged homicide cop Eve Dallas and billionare Irish rogue, Roarke.
 
Anyone who wishes to check the first book of that series or wishes to buy can click here: Naked in Death.
 
 Its April A to Z 2016 challenge, which marks its 7th challenge this year and my very first. So this challenge is all about posting every day, keeping the English Alphabets (A to Z) in mind, in the month of April (except for Sundays). Rest, to know all about the A to Z challenge click April A to Z Challenge. However, my theme for A to Z challenge is "haiku".
 

15 comments:

  1. Haiku is something I haven't attempted so far. This one has a fairy tale feel to it :) All the best for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aathira for your best wishes. I wish the same for you too.

      Haiku, i will admit is not easy as we have to express so much in so less.. but with time and practice i think we can do it. Do try it and share with us.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauty of a haiku through those words 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww...nice! I haven't written haiku ever, it's not as easy as it seems!

    Shubhangi @ The Little Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shubhangi.
      No I won't say haiku is easy as it's like expressing everything in 3 lines and keeping a count of syllables it's tough but with practice you can get better. Do try it.

      Delete
  5. I love haiku but haven't attempted yet. This one sounds really beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheethal. I love haiku too. It's sheer beauty and mesmerising to read. Do try it and share.

      Delete
  6. lovely haiku.I love how in few words so much can be expressed.

    Visiting from A to Z Challenge
    Pam's Unconventional Alliance Team
    A Whimsical Medley
    Twinkle Eyed Traveller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rajlakshmi. I totally agree with you on it. It's beautiful to have so much expressed in so little.

      Delete
  7. Welcome to the Challenge! I look forward to reading more of your haiku, as I like to play around with this form myself, from time to time. Mine are usually a little sassy and sarcastic, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Laura for the warm welcome. I like trying more of haiku as it will help me get better. Though mine has been more towards romantic, I haven't tried sassy and sarcastic ones.

    The 2nd post for the challenge you can find here: http://literatimeraki.blogspot.in/2016/04/april-to-z-challenge-second-day-letter.html?m=1

    While my earlier haiku posts you can find here: http://literatimeraki.blogspot.in/search/label/Haiku?m=1
    Here I have tried some new things as utabukuro and tan renga via some challenge on some blog.

    Would love to have your views on them.

    ReplyDelete

Don't Forget To Join US On Facebook
×
bloggerProvided by Blogolect